The Dog Mum is Australia’s most popular online retailer of ethically-made clothes and accessories targeted towards dog parents and lovers of dogs.
In 2018, The Dog Mum underwent a major rebrand, working with branding studio Your One & Only. As part of this rebrand, a website refresh was required. Designs were provided by YO&O while Moolah Digital was tasked with selecting and customizing a new Shopify theme to work with the design and branding guidelines.
(All website copy was written by Wild Spark Copy).
Work was split into 2x main phases:
Phase 1 – Shopify website theme refresh + tech set-up
- Selection of new Shopify theme with customizations made to match branding style guidelines using a combination of CSS and theme liquid coding).
- Migration of email list from Mailchimp to Klaviyo.
- Set-up of new professional @thedogmum.com email address via Google Suite.
- Pointing of additional domains https://thedogmum.co and https://thedogmum.com.au to the current website.
Phase 2 – Additional features and enhancements
Later on down the track, additional features and enhancements were made to the website:
- Addition of a custom-coded feature at checkout to enable people to select a charity for which $1 from their purchase would go towards.
- Custom development of the FAQ page to display different groups of questions in a user-friendly format.
- Custom development of the About pages.
- General enhancements to the formatting of the product pages.
The Dog Mum have been able to take their business to the next-level with a new, online web presence and branding that makes them look more professional.
The extra enhancements has helped to make their website stand out that bit more (and also make life a lot easier now that they have a more streamlined way of letting customers select a charity to donate to at purchase).
Moving to Klaviyo has meant better segmentation of customers and better, more targeted email marketing.