The Detailed Nest is a Sydney-based interior design business with the approach of creating a home that tells a story of the people living there.
This was a collaborative project which kicked off with Sydney branding and design studio Your One & Only doing a full rebrand for The Detailed Nest.
Upon completion of the rebrand, the design and build of a new website took place, moving away from Wix where the original website was being hosted and moving to a WordPress website – this would enable the development of a more bespoke website design.
A lot of CSS styling was required to achieve the look of the website and copious amounts of testing took place on a large range of mobile/tablet devices to ensure the website had a consistent look and experience across different devices and browsers.
The final part of this website build was integrating the website with the client’s Mailchimp account and setting up a lead magnet in the form of a free eBook to entice people to opt into The Detailed Nest’s mailing list.
Once the website build was completed, a 1-hour Zoom call took place to train the client on how to update and manage content on the website as well as get a high-level understanding of Google Analytics reporting.
- Full build of new website using WordPress and Divi theme, with all UI designs provided by Your One and Only.
- CSS styling and full testing on a range of devices and browsers to ensure a consistent user experience.
- Integration with Google Analytics for tracking traffic.
- Technical SEO implementation – setting up page SEO descriptions and titles, submitting sitemap to Google, appropriate alt tags added to images.
- Integration with MailChimp – set-up of lead magnet email. Visitors provide their email address and receive a free eBook in exchange for signing up to TDN’s Mailchimp email list.
- Performance and speed optimisation – as this is a very visual website, it was important to ensure all images were optimised correctly for web.
- 1-on-1 training call via Zoom to enable TDN’s owner to manage and update the website herself.
With an amazing rebrand and new website, The Detailed Nest are in a position to level-up in their business and establish themselves as a designer of choice in Sydney’s interior deisgn industry.
The majority of the website’s traffic comes though organic search, with a Google average CTR (clickthrough rate) of 13.1%.